About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

UH-OH!

Well, we had to use our time out chair for the first time the other day
Maddie did a really good job picking up before we had preschool because she always gets excited for it.  I told her we couldn't have preschool until we picked everything up and she worked and worked.  So, when it was time to pick up after preschool, she didn't really see how it benefited her and refused to pick up! 



I gave her several chances to pick up the "hay" and when she finally just walked away, I knew I had to do a time out.  It had absolutely no affect on her at all. : ) I set the timer for 2 minutes and of course she got up before the 2 minutes was up.  I put her back in her chair and she thought that was really funny and laughed.  Hopefully we won't need time out too much, and hopefully when we do, it will actually work! 

No comments:

Post a Comment