About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Who's Entertaining Who?

Yesterday we hit the road to travel up to Kansas to spend Thanksgiving with Kyle's family.  It was nap time so the plan was for Maddie to sleep a couple of hours while we listened to Dave Ramsey.  Life with a toddler never goes as expected : )  She tried to go to sleep but she just couldn't and the poor thing was crying her hurt cry : ( 
We stopped and gave her some tylenol, thinking she may be working on another tooth.  She was fussy the entire trip, except for a brief hour when the medicine kicked in and I transferred to the back seat to entertain her.  I grabbed Maddie's sunglasses and put them on to be silly and then she took them and knew exactly what to do...Entertain Me!

Turns out she was sick...she's been running a fever of around 101 but has no other symptoms.  As long as we give her tylenol, she is her usual, playful self, and the fever will drop.  Hoping its just a 24 hour thing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment