About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Friday, November 19, 2010

The Shopping Excursion

Day Two

We went shopping on Day Two.  Sounds like a lot of fun and normally it is, except we were shopping for things Kyle needed.  There have been countless times he has refused to try anything on and when we get home and it doesn't fit we are tasked with the unpleasantness of either returning the un-tried-on item or finding a new home for it.  The only thing I could talk him into trying on were dress shoes.  He squeezed them on over his bulky white socks and promptly said, "They fit, let's go." Usually I would have jumped on the chance to buy anything at 70% off (even Kyle's dress shoes) but we've been down this road before too!  I had to BEG him to try on the shoes with the silly little "socks" the store provides and guess what...too big!  So we didn't score a super great deal on anything he needed but we did manage to find a few things and as he tried on the jeans we bought for the first time this morning he announced that they really don't fit that well. (sigh) Oh well, I do have a sewing machine and I have hemmed a few pairs of jeans in my day so maybe we won't have to find these poor, forsaken jeans a new home after all.
Here are a few pics of Maddie from the day...



Let's go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment