About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Play Dough and Pony Beads. Our Adent Day #7

I. love. playdough.
Seriously, it's so fun to make and squishing it over and over has got to be some sort of therapeutic, psychological, all-is-well-with-the-world tactic of some sorts.
So, today's activity was as much for my benefit as it was Maddie's...we made Christmas playdough!

I introduced Maddie to pony beads for the first time. They had a lively conversation!



    I think she likes 'em!

Next, Maddie looked at the camera and said exclaimed "pictures!" And this is what she does now...
I think it's her interpretation of me : )

We had a good day, and with this activity and the new books from the library,  I somehow managed to keep Maddie's mind off T.V. for the entire afternoon.  A baby step in the right direction!

No comments:

Post a Comment