About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Gingerbread Baby Shower

We had a lovely shower yesterday for a good friend of mine whose second baby boy is due at the end of January.  The theme was gingerbread!


With a hot chocolate bar!  Yummy!  
I got a little carried away with my hot chocolate creation.  I had to have extra marshmallows, and then the peppermint bits were a must.  After that I wanted extra creamy whipped cream and a touch of chocolate syrup drizzled on top.  By the time I topped the whole thing with chocolate chips, it was overflowing and about to spill all over the table.  Luckily, I was quick and grabbed a plate to put under it just in the nick of time!  So.worth.it.
Here's the baby bellies!  
These two are childhood friends with due dates just 2 weeks apart! 
How fun is that?  Both are having little boys : )  
And here we are...the hostesses and Melissa.  For some reason, we didn't put Melissa in the middle...she's the one on the far left.  There's me on the far right, not liking the way I look in this picture at all.  Oh well.  : ) 
I was glad to help host a great baby shower for a good friend!
Praying for a healthy baby and blessings for the whole family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment