About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Friday, December 16, 2011

Quick and Easy Gift for Classmates!!

So, I was browsing around pinterest looking for something cute for Maddie's little preschool friends and I stumbled upon this...
So cute!  
I didn't have all of the right stuff to make it exactly like this, but I improvised and it was SUPER easy!
If you want to whip some of these up, here's what you'll need:
Cheap sandwich bags
Whoppers...you actually may not need the strawberry ones.  I thought I could use the strawberry as is for the Rudolph nose, but it wasn't good enough, so I coated it with frosting; which means you'll need...
this and...
this!  Red gel food coloring.  
To make Rudolph's nose just combine a little white frosting with red gel food coloring and coat the strawberry whoppers.  This is where you could probably just use regular whoppers.
Let them dry...it won't take too long!
package them up and you're ready to go!  
I printed my topper on the computer using Adobe Photoshop.  Make your file size 6.5 x 5.  Create a circle 1.75 x 1.75.  Drop in a few brushes for the reindeer and the snowflakes and you are good to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment