A sheet...who knew?!Who knew there was so much fun you could have with just a simple, plain sheet!
It's Christmas break for us now and that means lots of play time to distract from her good friends like Elmo and Cookie Monster. The other day there happened to be a sheet left out after hosting our overnight company (Hi Megan!!)
Maddie and I began playing with the sheet. We played and played and played and played. Although I didn't really watch the clock, I really think we probably played with that silly ole sheet for about an hour. I decided to make a game of how many ways you could play with a sheet. So, here's our list!
1) Treat it like a parachute and pull it up and down, really, really fast!
Maddie loved this one and it was great exercise!
2) Add a fun, big ball and see what happens.
3) Add several small balls and pretend they are popcorn.
4) While the "parachute" is up, get inside and pull sheet down over you.
5) Play "Where did Maddie go?"
For us, this one activity consumes lots of time. Maddie likes to wait a LOOOONG time before finally revealing herself!
6) Roll Maddie up like a burrito.
7) Pretend to be Christmas ornaments and roll around
8) Build a fort. You could build it with kitchen chairs or living room furniture, or you could use this tutorial and make a little tent!
I made this last week with a sheet set a bought from Goodwill for $2.50. The lumber I bought from Lowe's for less than $10 and already cut to the right sizes! We've used it every day since I finished it!
Hope this gives you some ideas to play with your little ones during Christmas break...when it's too cold to go outside, just grab a sheet!!