About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Learning to Paint

I've had this idea swirling around in my head for a while now and we finally got to do it yesterday!  First, I bought a sheet at the thrift store.  Then I nailed it to the fence and when Maddie woke up for her nap, this is what happened...
It's helpful to have these spill-proof painting cups from Melissa and Doug, but then again it's nice to be outside and not have to worry about spills!
I also diluted the paint with water to make it easier to paint.  Maddie really enjoyed it and was so proud of her work.  She's already spotted the paints on the table this morning and is ready to go out for more painting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment