About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Getting Ready for Dog Days of Summer

I don't like the Dog Days of Summer!  But I know they are coming, so I thought I could plan some things to look forward to  and keep our minds off the hot, yucky weather.  
Here's some of what we have planned for Maddie:  
Weeks One and Two:  All things Dinosaurs, followed by a trip to Sam Noble Museum of Natural History
Week Three:  Sea Life, followed by a trip to Oklahoma Aquarium
Weeks Four and Five:  All things Circus, followed by the Ringling Brothers Circus
Weeks Six and Seven:  Zoo, followed by Story time at the zoo
Weeks Eight and Nine:  Farm, followed by a trip to U-pick orchards
Weeks Ten and Eleven:  Transportation, followed by a trip to Oklahoma Railway Museum

That's all I've got so far!  We're going to have to be planning her 3rd birthday party too!  This year's theme is Sesame Street!  She's going to love it! 

So, hopefully this will help us have a great summer with lots of fun instead of dreading the miserably hot, disgusting-ness of 100+(degree) weather!

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS!!!!!!!!! These pictures made me gasp they are so good of Gracie! I've already stolen copies of them from your blog and have them on my computer. Just adorable. How did you get these, I know you didn't drug Gracie....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha...no, that's just Gracie being Gracie these days. She likes to "sun bathe" in a little sliver of sunlight that hits the living room in the mornings. I think I've taken so many pictures of her now, she's just like, "oh, there's that black thing again with the clicking sounds...I'll get back to napping now." :)

    ReplyDelete