About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Mementos

I entered this photo in a contest under the theme Mementos.  I entitled  it "El Rafa" which is inscribed on the necklace and is Hebrew for "God who Heals."  I bought this when I was pregnant and my purpose was two-fold.  1)  I was told by my medical Dr. I would never be able to have children.  2) At the time Maddie still had excess fluid on her brain and we were not sure how our story would end.  I believed God had already worked a miracle in the fact I was pregnant and I really believed He would heal my baby.  Little did I know at the time He was forming an extra chromosome in each and every one of her cells.
Now, her joy heals many hearts. 

This is a memento I will keep forever! 

1 comment: