About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Taking Shelter

The tornadoes were a little too close for comfort last night.  We didn't have a great plan.  We were going to leave and just drive away from the storm.  In Oklahoma, we have plenty of warning time to plan ahead, but it still wasn't a great plan.  Then our wonderful neighbor knocked on our door.  Her parents have a large storm shelter a mile north of us and offered to let us stay there.  She also told us Gracie was of course welcome as well!  Thank goodness!!
The sirens wailed 3 or 4 different times but luckily it was only strong winds, some hail, and rain.  We WILL be investing in a storm shelter.  Things change when you have a little one to keep safe!  The one we were in last night was really nice and big.  At one point we had 8 adults, 2 kids, and 5 pet crates.  Maddie handled things remarkably well.  She was scared of the hail.  It was really loud, but that only lasted a short while and she was easily entertained with a flashlight and shadow creatures the rest of the time.



And because I can't seem to post without a picture, here's one of my favorites from this weekend!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment