About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Monday, September 19, 2011

Eating Well

We've been eating well lately. 
I bought this cookbook.
She also has a weekly meal plan on her blog, Deliciously Organic that I signed up for too.  What I love about it is the simple, natural ingredients.  We had Roasted Chicken with Goat Cheese and Basil and Sauteed Bell Peppers the other night.  I love that the side dish was not over complicated but very tasty.  Just strips of bell peppers (red, orange, and yellow) sauteed in olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper.  Simple!  


With the left over goat cheese, I made a pizza.  I made my own pizza crust for the first time!  It was easy and fun!  I used America's Test Kitchen's Basic Pizza Dough recipe.  I used a version of the Pioneer Woman's Fig-Prosciutto Pizza.  Instead of prosciutto, I used bacon, and instead of mozzarella, I used goat cheese.  It was really good!

On another note, I've been feeling like this...
I have poison ivy!! YIKES...I have never itched like this.  Even when I broke out in hives from an allergic reaction to the penicillin I was given to help with chicken pox in the third grade.  
Hopefully, just a couple more days and I'll be looking like this...


No comments:

Post a Comment