About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Friday, September 9, 2011

We Survived!

picture taken the day her backpack and lunch bag arrived in the mail.  There was no cooperation for a good pic the first day of school!!

Thanks to everyone for all of your well wishes and prayers!  Maddie and I both survived the first day of preschool.  She did great! When we first got there she walked right in and began playing.
checking out the wall! 

I told her bye and there were no tears!  Her teachers said she didn't want to sit in her chair during table time.  Part of it was wanting to go and play and part of if was wanting to stay beside the teacher...depending on the time of day.  She also didn't want to stay with the class during potty breaks.  She took off down the hall.  The solution was letting her wash her hands for a LONG time!  She does love washing her hands!

I was more worried about nap time than anything else.  Although I've introduced her nap mat to her and we have "pretended" to take naps on it, I was afraid it would be really weird for her.  Her teachers said she did cry a little bit and she laid beside her and patted her back. Apparently, it didn't take long and she was asleep!  She was still sleeping when I went to pick her up.  She woke up on the way to the car, but fell back asleep on the way home.  She didn't wake up for nearly 2 hours!!  She was all tuckered out!

I decided I need to have something to do with my time so why not train for a marathon!  I ran 3 miles in 40 minutes yesterday.  At this rate, it will take me almost 6 hours to complete the marathon!  I'm hoping to be ready for the OKC Marathon in the spring, so maybe by then I will be running 10 minute miles and shave off a couple of hours. 
I haven't ran in 12 years...I'm soooo sore this morning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment