About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

My Blog Turns One!

Today marks the first anniversary or, uh birthday? of my blog.  I've had 265 posts in the last year, and I'm so happy all of you have come by to share our little life with us!  Your support and encouragement mean more to me than words on a blog could ever express...THANK YOU!  
Speaking of life...the poison ivy is still wreaking havoc.  I went to the Dr. on Tuesday and she told me I won the award for the worst case of poison ivy this year.  You know, I always try and give it my all.  I've been taking prednisone and bactrim, an antibiotic.  The itching is getting better, but the prednisone is keeping me awake at night and causing some nausea.  I got sick and threw up Friday night, and in the process must have pulled a muscle in my jaw.  I couldn't chew anything yesterday, but today it's much better.  So, hopefully in a couple more days the itching will keep getting better and better and I'll be all fixed. 
On to better news...the Buddy Walk was yesterday and we had a blast.  I have lots of pictures!  Sorry, I just couldn't narrow it down any further!
We began the day with dancing!  Maddie loved the music!  


She has started to become aware of the "tone" of the music.  

And the ending...

She drew quite a crowd!  It was so fun.  

Next, a couple of pics with Mom and Dad...


And then they had some musical instruments for the kids to see. 
Maddie liked the violin a lot.

and the tingly thingy's were fun too.

Next we moved on to the physical therapy area (aka big playroom).

And of course she found more music!  Notice the tongue in each of these pics.  She was really concentrating!


Next, it was time for the walk to start.  Mommy's sunglasses helped her walk out in style!
We've had a great year, here's to many more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment