About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

There's a Simple Explanation...

as to why I haven't blogged lately.  
It's because I have the best parents in the whole world.  My Mom and Dad came Monday to help me clean every nook and cranny in my house!!  It feels like a brand new home!   I wanted to start with a fresh, clean slate so when Maddie goes to preschool it's just a matter of maintaining it.  Ahhh, how wonderful it is to have a clean house!!
And speaking of preschool (sniff, sniff), Maddie starts next week!  Tuesday night we had open house to meet her teachers at the private preschool she'll be attending. 

She was quick to find all of the Pooh bear items!

She made a few new friends
And we learned there will only be one boy in her class, which happens to be our bestest friend Noah!
I thought I would be ready to send her to preschool, but I'm really, really, really not.  It's going to be hard!  I met with the Moore Public Schools special education team yesterday to go over Maddie's IEP (Individualized Education Plan).  She'll be attending the Special Needs Preschool on the days she's not at the private preschool.  I hope her schedule isn't too busy!!
We are getting ready for her big party!  Just two more days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment