About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Friday, September 30, 2011

Almost

When Maddie was little I was one of those Mommas that over packed for everything.  I never needed half of the stuff I crammed into that diaper bag and when I did need something, it was like sorting through Mary Poppins carpet bag to find what I was looking for!
Now that Maddie's a toddler, I've lightened up.  Literally, and Figuratively! It's much easier getting out the door, but the only problem now is...I need that extra outfit and that book to entertain her and all those other little props to keep a toddler preoccupied!!
We had a wonderful lunch with a couple of my dear friends from college on Wednesday.  We met up at a downtown restaurant and enjoyed some fabulous Mexican food.  Maddie refused to sit in her own chair, so she sat on my lap.  I was in the middle of telling a story, when I feel something warm...and wet.  Apparently, her diaper was crooked and she just peed all over my leg and her shorts.  This was at the beginning of the meal!  All I could do was change her diaper (i did have that, but no wipes!) and rinse her and I off the best we could in the bathroom.  For the rest of the meal, she was short-less.  That would have been OK, except Maddie can't sit still too long in a restaurant these days.  She has to go visit each and every table and chat a while.  So, she went walking running around from table to table looking like this...
I didn't even explain why she had no pants! I figured anyone with any experience with a toddler would figure it out pretty quickly.  She was pretty cute, regardless. I almost had everything I needed.  

Later that night, we took out the tricycle.
 She can almost work the pedals!  She's growing so fast!  On her birthday, she was definitely too short, now just a few weeks later, she's almost there!

She's loving it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment