About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

We're Back!

We went on a road trip this weekend to Kansas City.  I took engagement pictures for my brother-in-law who recently got engaged.  
We had a great time, and visited Trader Joe's for the first time!  I have never seen brussel sprouts on a stalk...which is the only way to buy them at Trader Joe's.  Very interesting!  


It's always nice to get away for a bit, but coming home is nice too.  
We jumped back into the swing of things yesterday, keeping Tenley.  
She's cooing now!  And I finally caught that smile.  I realized why it was so hard to capture.  When I tried to get her cooing on video, she was much too interested in what that black thing was I was holding than showing off for the camera.  


We went outside and enjoyed the leaves again yesterday. 


Maddie likes to give the leaves a kiss now.  She loves them.


Gracie has convinced herself it's her job to protect Tenley.  She stands guard the entire time we are outside.  The funny thing is, Maddie also thinks it's her job to protect Tenley, which apparently means protecting her against Gracie too.  Maddie tries to nudge Gracie off the blanket, but Gracie's not budging for anything.  Then it becomes my job to protect Tenley from her "protectors." 


 The good thing is Maddie is not as diligent as Gracie and is therefore very easily distracted by "little trees" just her size and such.  


Besides, she has another job far more interesting than protector...she's the paci-giver.  She loves this job. 


After outside time came what was supposed to be tummy time, but Tenley had other things on her to-do list...like napping.  (don't worry...I didn't let her nap on her tummy!)


Tummy time came later. 

It's good to be back.  I've got lots of photo editing to do!!


No comments:

Post a Comment