About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Friday, November 4, 2011

Has It Really Been Three Days?

I can't believe it's Friday already!  I can only describe this week with one word...BUSY!  It's like I went from one full time job to three full time jobs.

And you know when you get really busy, you lose track of time and mistakes are made?

Well, yesterday I decided to go ahead and enter the tree photo contest that I entered last year.  As I was putting the last picture in the frame and finishing the paperwork, I looked down at the fine print.  The deadline to enter was Nov. 2...not Nov. 3!  oops.
I tried to call, but no one answered, so I just decided to drive up to Norman anyway.  I told them I knew I messed up and missed the deadline, but wondered if they would accept one more entry.  They did!  Yay!  Now we wait and see.  If anyone is interested, they display all of the entries at the First Fidelity Bank on Main street in Norman.

Here's a few things that have been keeping me busy...
This is for a project I'm working on for Maddie's preschool.  We are going to be using pictures that depict childhood to decorate the hallway.  I've taken over 900 pictures.  I think it's time to edit!!

I've also been busy with my photography.  I have three photo shoots this weekend!  I am so excited about each one. I've been picking up tips and tricks here and there.  One that I really thought was crazy was to shoot with your flash in bright sunlight.  I tried it out yesterday...
You have to use a very small aperture to get the exposure right, but it does fill in the shadows Maddie's hat created on her face!  Interesting...who would have thought!  

And one more thing keeping me busy...
I keep trying to capture that smile, but this is the closest I've come.  
We love days we have Tenley!  

Housework has been put on hold for more important things this week, but now that it's Friday, I guess it's time to catch up.  
Hope you have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment