About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

New Friends I'd Like to Introduce!

Yesterday I added a new repertoire to my photography...Dogs!!  It was so fun, and for a good cause too! 
I have a really good friend, Diana, who works tirelessly rescuing dogs.  She takes them in and often times nurses them back to health, or works to socialize and train them in order to get them ready for adoption!  A good picture that shows their personality will often help them get adopted sooner and that's where I come in!  
Let me introduce you to Handsome and Thor!
  Handsome will steal your heart!  He's the sweetest, friendliest, loving dogs ever!  
He is a Pit Bull Terrier which scares a lot of people (and I have to admit, I have been scared of Pit Bulls in the past), but if you met Handsome he could single-handedly change your mind about Pit Bulls. 
 He's super playful!  Diane says he loves everybody...of both four-legged and two-legged variety.  He gets along great with other dogs!
Handsome was recused from the Elk City Animal Shelter.  This shelter does not adopt out Pit Bulls, so any that show up are automatically euthanized. 
Handsome is estimated to be 2-3 years old.  He shows no signs of aggression, and would love you like you've never been loved!

And then there's Thor!
Thor was rescued at 8 weeks old in Pipe Yard with a liter of 8 other puppies.  He's now 8-9 months old. 
He's a little shy at first, but quickly warms up.  He has lots and lots of energy, being a Labrador mix.  Thor would be best suited in a house with a yard.  
He has a few quirks he's working to overcome.  He's declared leashes his mortal enemy, and panics when one is put on him.  His new family should be kind and patient and compassionate to help him in his journey to defeat his leash-issues.  

Now that you have fallen head-over-heels in love want to know how you can meet these new friends and take one home with you?  

Check out Best Friends of Pets.  It's a great organization looking out for the best interest of pets and their owners.  One of their projects is helping to spay and neuter your pets if you are struggling financially to do so.

And to see Handsome and Thor, check out Pet Finders!
I have already decided when we are ready for another dog, I will definitely rescue one.  Every family I have ever talked to tells me rescue dogs are the most loyal and loving pets you'll ever have.  It's almost like they know what you've done for them and are eternally grateful.  Who wouldn't want to hang out with a friend like that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment