About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Day I Hope She Remembers

The fallen leaves were just begging to be played with yesterday.  Maddie, Gracie, and I obliged.  And with the skies being overcast it was a good picture-taking-day!!  No editing necessary!

I've been thinking a lot lately about play and childhood and memories.  
I want Maddie to look back and remember that we played a lot.  I want her to remember that Mommy was never too busy to invest in time spent together.

We played before nap, or "quiet time" as its been known around here lately since Maddie refuses to nap.
I love that as soon as "quiet time" was over, she was asking to go outside.  
And as soon as we were outside she ran down to the tree, excited to play some more!

We rolled in the leaves...

and played hide-n-seek around the tree trunk...

She held up leaves and called out their colors, we ran around like airplanes after we spotted one in the sky, we tried to catch the leaves as they fell from the tree (MUCH harder than than you would think!)
Time passed quickly and I knew this was the most important item on my to-do list. 
I know I spend a lot of time on the computer or busy with household tasks. Maddie may not remember all of the details of our days spent together, but when she looks back, I hope she'll know what a special time in life this is and remember Mommy playing with her instead of  busy working all of the time!

1 comment:

  1. oh my are so correct! Making a picture book of Maddie's Daily Adventures would be a fabulous reminder, for when she gets older!
    I made one for our grand-daughter, Lydia, commemorating her first camping trip with us... she's eight now & her momma says she still pulls it out & reads it!

    ReplyDelete