About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Designer Genes


I was so happy the other day to find this pair of designer jeans at a consignment store (for super cheap!) But then I was thinking about my baby's designer genes. Some of you may not know that although she has Down Syndrome, she still only has 46 chromosomes! CRAZY, RIGHT? Turns out I only have 45 chromosomes. Both of our 14th chromosomes hitched a ride with the 13th chromosome leaving us with an extra long 13th chromosome and only one 14th chromosome. How amazing is God? Thanks God for our designer genes and the super great deal on these designer jeans too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment