About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Friday, October 29, 2010

The Final Three


This tree photography contest has become a big deal to me.  The other night Kyle (in all his honesty) said he didn’t think I had any pictures worthy of entering.  (ouch!)
 There was a time in my life I would have been crushed, but not anymore! I’m a risk taker at heart, and this feels right.  I've learned when you are a follower of Christ things happen in your life (big or small) for one of two reasons: 1) to glorify God 2)to further your own destiny (which, incidentally, glorifies God).  God’s got this.  Besides, what do I have to lose?  A few bucks on the entry fee.  No big deal.  Kyle may be right, and I may have no business entering this contest, but the process has already been so worth it!  I’ve been out in nature.  I’ve seen trees.  I’ve taken pictures.  I’ve seen the glory of God.  And that makes me a winner whether I win the contest or not.  
So here are the final entries:
Transformation

True Colors (i'm taking a big risk with this one and putting it in a red frame)

Plank in the Eye

1 comment:

  1. You go girl! I couldn't be prouder of you than if you were my own girl :) I honestly think you might have a winner with that Plank in the Eye! LOVE that one. But you know right you are exactly right, just the enrichment you received being out in nature made it ALL worth while! Love you girl, keep up the good work!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete