About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

An Apple a Day

I discovered Maddie can eat apples off the core now when I found this on the counter.

She does really well biting it off and chewing it up.  This is a big deal for us since DS kiddos usually have low muscle tone but it seems like Maddie has fared well in this area. Apparently, low muscle tone is something you can't really improve.  You can strengthen muscles, but the tone is something you are born with. 
We're still working on drinking from a straw.  Until we master that, we'll continue to eat our apples!

No comments:

Post a Comment