About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Grateful Garlic

Kyle and I had dinner with some friends this week.  It was so great talking with them and hearing about a recent trip to India.  He said a lot of people there are malnourished and eat the same things day after day.  The nutrient-rich foods they need are just simply not available in a country with over a billion people living in it.  It occurred to me how amazingly blessed we are in this country to have the choices to eat healthy and grow our own gardens.  Just to have space to grow this garlic is such a privilege!  So this is my simple things photo of the week.


click here to see what's inspiring others this week

1 comment:

  1. How exciting to have garlic coming up! I can't wait to start planting in a few weeks.

    Your photo is beautiful...and so is your daughter. What a sweet picture in your header:).

    ~Julia

    ReplyDelete