About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

An Update on the Chore Chart

We've been using our "chore chart"  for a little over a week now.  
It's been working really well.  Maddie loves to get high-fives after we move our pictures over.  Her favorite chore is unloading the dishwasher.  She's the master of the silverware tray. 

She can open the drawer by herself.

oops...sometimes we get a little side-tracked.

but they eventually end up in the silverware drawer! 
I read in Barbara Curtis' book, Mommy, Teach Me!  its best not to correct their "work" in front of them, so this is the state of our silverware drawer most of the time!

1 comment:

  1. Loving the face she gave you after being caught licking the spoon!

    ReplyDelete