About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Yay!  We are so excited to have our little party this afternoon.  We've invited our play date buddies from church.  I decorated the living room last night after Maddie went to bed.  I couldn't wait to see her reaction this morning!! It definitely made getting out of bed at 6:20 this morning a little easier : { She really liked the balloons.
Kyle and I had nursery duty at church yesterday.  We only had Maddie and one other friend (who happens to be the best baby I've ever seen!) so I got to take lots of pictures : )  Here's what Maddie does at church...


She carries not one, not two, but all three Sesame Street friends around everywhere,
Until she finds Daddy and allows him to hold them... for just a minute.
And then, maybe I'm overly impressed by this next one, but I couldn't believe it when I saw this...
She's actually using two crayons simultaneously.  Doesn't that mean her right and left side brain is working together?  Am I right to be completely amazed by this?  Yipppee!
Next, Maddie found the books.  I LOVE that she loves books.
And then the kids played a little game of peek-a-boo around the rocking chair...so cute I tell ya!

1 comment: