About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Friday, February 11, 2011

I Have an Idea!



I've bee pouring over as many Montessori books as I can get my hands on.  Not to mention all of the great blogs out there!  My mind is about to explode! 
I've been thinking how great it would be to have an actual play room for Maddie.  She has her room and we have a guest bedroom, which gets used quite a bit with family coming to visit.  I didn't want to sacrifice the guest bedroom, but with a queen size bed in the room, there's no way to make it a play room.  And then...my bright idea!!  Why not have a Murphy bed?  We could pull up the bed and secure it when we didn't have company, and if we had a Montessori style playroom, everything would have a place.  Simple, uncluttered, meaningful activities.  I think this could work.  What do ya think?
Anyone out there ever installed a Murphy bed? 

1 comment:

  1. Sam, That sounds like a great idea...in fact you could have a design/scene/ mural, chalkboard or white board on the bottom so that when you have the bed up Maddie can see it, but when guests are there they can't. Just an idea.
    I know several people that could so a great mural scene!

    Love you guys!

    Jamie Miles

    ReplyDelete