About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Friday, February 4, 2011

Hugs from Henry Project


This is the most amazing project ever!  Lucas is an 18-month-old cutie with Down Syndrome.  Henry is his sock monkey. : )  Lucas has had some scary moments recently with an 11 day hospitalization  (you can read his Mom's heartfelt blog post here - just make sure you have a tissue handy)
I'm super excited about this project because Henry is coming to town! We're getting ourselves prettied up for some fun photos.  Faith, over at Simplicity  is coordinating a fund raiser.  Henry will visit photographers all over and she will create a book.  All proceeds from the book will go to Lucas' family to help with medical expenses.

I'll keep you posted on the progress of the project!  I'm so excited. 

It's a great reminder, too, that with a little creativity we can all use our talents to help others in need.  I just love it! 
Maddie's little sock monkey is getting ready to welcome Henry.  She's super excited! I think she wants to host a tea party.  

3 comments:

  1. This is a great post!! Thanks so much :) Can't wait to see everyone's contributions - I am sure the this is going to be an amazing project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post! So glad you get to meet Henry and are a part of this project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it - so cant wait! Hope he makes it over here to me in New Zealand!

    ReplyDelete