About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Maddie vs. The Glasses

We went to the Eye Doctor yesterday.

I'm afraid we are preparing for the battle of the ages:  A re-match.  In corner one: Magnificent Maddie, weighing in at 21 pounds, an extremely independent 2-yr-old with opinions and a will to match the strength of Muhammad Ali.  In the next corner:  The cute, unsuspecting glasses, weighing in at 2 ounces, with the strength of +2 in each lens. 

Picture taken March 2010

Picture taken a few days later in March

Still March, Glasses are in hands more than on face

Glasses have now become a play toy : ( 

So, Round One goes to....Maddie!  These glasses are now too small so we will be buying new ones (boo-hoo).  Hopefully, Glasses the Underdog can pull off a Rocky miracle and defeat the Magnificent Maddie in Round Two!

No comments:

Post a Comment