About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Friday, January 28, 2011

Riddle of the Day

Q:  What do you get when you combine a sleep-deprived Mommy, new routines involving strollers in the trunk of a car, and two busy toddlers? 

A:  The Adventures of Sam and Melissa!

Melissa and I had this great idea to meet up at the park a few blocks from my house for a play date.  The weather was gorgeous and the kids played and played.  When it was time to go, we realized Melissa was missing her keys.  We concluded she must have left them in the trunk of her car when she went to get the stroller out. 
Our next great idea was to walk to my house and wait for her hubbie to get off work and get the keys.  Now this is where the story gets a little complicated.  Even though the park was just a few blocks, I was being lazy and drove there.  I didn't want Melissa to get lost in the neighborhood walking back, so I got Maddie's stroller and we walked back to my house.  We got all the way to the front door, when I realized I didn't get the garage door opener to get back into the house!
Luckily, my sister-in-law lives two blocks away!  We walked to her house and got the key to my house, then walked back to my house and waited for Melissa's hubby.  We had a good laugh and lots of exercise! 

No comments:

Post a Comment