About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Thing About Toddlers

Maddie's entered a new phase in life.
She 's now in the sleeve-tugging-pant-hugging-I-want-your-undivided-attention-every-minute-of-every-hour-of-every-day phase.
And just when my claustrophobic mind wants to scream, "I need air, I need air, I need air!"
I open up the refrigerator door and find this...

and then I open the silverware drawer and find this...

And seriously, what else is there to do but laugh!!

So here's the thing I've learned about toddlers:

They'll bring you right to the brink of losing it and then color your world with all the hues of silliness and laughter and at the end of the day this new phase in life is a beautiful shade of perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment