About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Monday, January 24, 2011

A Weekend in the Kitchen

We began our weekend with a trip to Sam's Club.  Nothing says a good time like perusing aisles of produce on a Friday night! uh-oh...am I getting old?  Anyway, we stocked up on what we need for our green smoothies!  Spinach, romaine lettuce, avocados, pineapple, honeydew, cantaloupe, frozen berries, bananas, and more! 
I made a roasted chicken.  Maddie once again helped with dinner.  She had to taste all of the veggies before placing them in the roasting pan.  Vidalia onions were a big hit, believe it or not!
Yesterday, Maddie helped me make some muffins. Unfortunately, the final product was NOT photo worthy.
: ) Oh well, you win some you lose some!

1 comment:

  1. You two are adorable! Maddie does love her new step stool doesn't she!!!

    ReplyDelete