About Me

My photo
After being told I would never be able to have children, I am now a stay-at-home Mommy to Maddie who happens to have Down Syndrome. I've been married 16 years to my best friend, having the time of my life. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in our little journey through life.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Mitten

Maddie and I have been reading The Mitten by Jan Brett every day.  On Jan Brett's website, you can download the characters here and create a felt board story like this...
Maddie's not too keen on the book, but she does get excited when I bring out the animals.  She investigates each one very carefully.  
Next, we tried to match up a few pairs of mittens...
She just wanted to try them on.
Then I made this file folder game to match up colors,
 This has been fun so far, but here's a little sneak peak of what's to come!!

I found most of theses things at the Target $1 Spot.  I love Target!! Yay! I can't wait until February!

1 comment:

  1. My little man loved this book. The librarian had them color and cut out the animals and then they made mittens and filled their mittens with the animals.

    ReplyDelete